2 cups white quinoa
1 small fennel
1 large capsicum
2 small eggplants
2 medium zucchini
1 brown onion
10 small mushrooms
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 cloves garlic
grape seed oil, as desired
salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper
1. Cook 2 cups of white quinoa in salted water as per instructions on the package. (Suggested 3 cups of salted water.)
2. In this step you need to cook each vegetable batch with seasoning and enough timing to your taste as you would have cooked it on its own. Stir fry coarsely chopped veggies in separate batches, and cook them in the following order:
fennel (low, 7-10 minutes)
onion (high, 3-5 minutes)
zucchini (medium, 7-10 minutes)
capsicum (high, 5-7 minutes)
mushrooms (sprayed with oil, high, 3-5 minutes)
eggplant (use more oil, medium, 7-10 minutes)
Put aside each cooked batch.
3. Clean the wok and saute crushed garlic until fragrant, but do not fry it.
4. Add the lemon juice and cayenne pepper to the cooked garlic and mix well.
5. Immediately combine all ingredients in the wok including quinoa and cooked vegetables and heat through.
|Frozen sweet corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gram flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (besan)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chat masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
In a bowl, combine corn, gram flour, salt, garam masala, chili powder, chat masala, ginger, cilantro and mix well.
Add water if needed and make batter as shown in the video.
Heat oil in a frying pan and fry pakoras on medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain excess oil using paper towels.
Serve and enjoy!
|Poha||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Potato mashed||2 , boil|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon , chop|
|Green chili||2 , chop|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((deep fry))|
1.Soak 1 1/2 cup of Poha, in warm water for a minute. Drain the water and wash with fresh water, squeeze out a little bit of the water.
2.Check the texture, they need to be mushy. Transfer to a plate and let them sit idle for a minute or two.
3.In a mixing bowl, add the poha, then start mashing and kneading like a dough with hands. Halfway in, add chopped coriander, green chili, 2 boiled potatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, salt and a bit of sugar to balance it out.
4.Now start kneading again to form a smooth texture. Divide this into small portions and smooth-en them. You can form these into any shape.
5.Deep fry these in medium flame until golden brown, and light. Do not overcrowd the pan, fry a few at a time.
Once fried, take down to a kitchen towel lined plate.
6. Serve hot with garlic-coriander chutney.