- 12 little necked clams
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 red pepper or jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic
- Black pepper
- Thoroughly wash and clean clam shells and remove any visibile sediments.
- In a large bowl or pot, add water and 2-3 teaspoons of salt. Place clams and let it soak for at least 3 hours.
- Cut green onion into 1-inch long pieces.
- Cut red pepper or jalapeño into match stick sizes approximately 1-inch long.
- Mince garlic. Set all vegetables aside.
- Discard salt water and rinse clams once more. Put clams into a pot and add 6 cups of water.
- Bring pot to boil on high heat. When clam shells start to open, lower heat to medium.
- Add green onion, red pepper, and minced garlic.
- Season with salt and balck pepper, bring it to a boil once more. Serve hot.