|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As needed for deep frying)|
|Potatoes||2 Small , cut into thin slices|
|For the batter|
|Chickpea flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Besan)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed to make a batter)|
|The spices for the batter|
|Salt||To Taste (1 Tsp)|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Carom seeds||1/4 Teaspoon (Ajwain seeds)|
|Dry mango powder||1 Pinch (Amchur)|
|Black pepper powder||1/4 Teaspoon (Kali Mirch)|
1. In a mixing bowl, add chick pea flour. To this add all the spices and mix to combine well.
2. Gradually add water and mix to form a lump-free batter. Set aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil for frying.
4. Coat the potato slices with the batter, and fry them in the hot oil in small batches.
5. When the potato fritters turn golden brown in color, remove them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or with any chutney of your choice like mint chutney or tamarind chutney.